Friday, January 23, 2009

My 2 Favorite Girls!

What a day! Sofia gave me a five hour stretch last night, but then was up from 3am-5am, and then up again at 6:30am to eat! After she ate I jumped in the shower and got ready. Then Mike showered Sofia and I got her ready, with the help from her big sister! We'd taken Hanna yesterday for a haircut so this morning I curled her hair and got her ready. Hanna and I got breakfast, got my coffee made, took a few pictures of the girls and we were off to Sofia's doctor's appointment. The appointment went great and Sofia is perfect! We were happy to find out she is already back upto her birth weight. Dr. Pendleton was happy to see that Hanna was doing so well and encouraged us to keep feeding her so she can gain back the 3 pounds that she lost.
*****
On a side note, I was very happy to weigh myself and find out that I've lost 20 of the 26 pounds that I gained! Too bad that I was 25 pounds overweight when I got pregnant! Back to the gym the end of February.
*****
After the doctor we had to go to the lab and have Sofia's heal pricked for the PKU test. Then we ran to pick up a birthday present for a party Hanna's going to tomorrow. By the time we did all this not only was I having crazy hot flashes, I was exhausted! We came home and I took a 2 hour nap!
Thank goodness for my sweet Hanna! She has been such a huge help. She loves her little sister so much and just wants to hold her and kiss on her. She is quick to run and grab me anything I need, stick a paci in Sofia's mouth or stand and sing to Sofia when she's crying! There is no jealousy or frustration with the baby. She wants to be right there for everything, including all of the feedings! She now understands all about breastfeeding! We had to talk with her this evening about not discussing the breastfeeding with her friends at school.
As unsure as I was about having a second child, I can't imagine life any differently. The three of us becoming the four of us is nothing short of spectacular.
Enjoy the pictures of my two favorite girls...........






























2 comments:

  1. Hey Jami! It's Stacie here. Got here from Yvette's blog. Just wanted to say congratulations on the birth of Sofia. She's adrable. That's quite a beautiful family you have there! Hi to Mike, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet posts! I got a little teary reading the one about Mike...so glad you and your family are doing well!Congrats on the weight loss, too!

    ReplyDelete

The Lindberg Family!!!

Enjoy our family pictures!!!!

Thanksgiving Background

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones