At 8:45pm my water broke and I quickly dialated to a 10. The baby was ready to come by 9:10pm but the doctor lived 25 minutes away. So I literally had to hold her in until the doctor showed up! After pushing through 2 contractions out emerged our beautiful baby girl, perfect as could be!
When we got the induction date I quickly got on the phone with my sister and we were able to work it out for her to fly in for the delivery! She landed at 6pm and my dad rushed over to pick her up at the airport and get her to the hospital in time! She was ready to deliver Sofia!!! Auntie Brean actually was the one who cut Sofia's umbilical cord! It was so wonderful having her there!The nurses got me prepped and started the IV antibiotics right at noon. My mom ended up taking me to the hospital since Mike had to work. We knew they would not start the Pitocin until just after 5pm.
We got the call from my doctor's office on Monday the 12th that we where scheduled for an induction on Wednesday the 14th at noon. I, of course, was thrilled that we finally had a date! We rushed around on Tuesday going the grocery store and getting everything ready. The sad news is that Hanna got sick on Sunday the 11th. We took her to the doctor on Monday to rule out strep throat and figured she'd be better by Wednesday. No such luck...on Thursday my mom took her to the doctor only to find out that she has Influenza B, which she did get the shot for but got a different strain of it. Therefore, she was unable to come to the hospital.





Congratulations Jami! She is beautiful. I've been watching your moms blog to see what has been happening with you! I hope Hanna gets better soon too, sounds like it has been a rough week for her. I see Tiffany's little Jackson came into the world this morning! Sofia and Jackson will have to get to know each other being so close in age! Congrats again! Kathy
ReplyDelete